Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Music

When I was in London (that would be Ontario, not England) last week, I found this fabulous Hero Arts musical clef set. I got it home, admired it, and wondered WHAT to do with it. Here's my first attempt:


I started by embossing the clef in copper pearl embossing powder (another new purchase!) on vellum. I really liked it, but then what to do with it? I tried a bunch of different ideas and colours and patterned papers, then came across this mica paper. The flecks of mica don't show up in the photo, but they are shiny and an exact match to the embossing powder! I inked my trusty Local King music background in Versamark to continue the music theme. And that layer beneath, that has a hammered copper look to it? Versamarker and more embossing powder! That look was harder to achieve than I thought it would be, but I'm okay with the result. Since four layers is a lot for me, this card is going in the DYSU (Do You Stack Up?) layers challenge. And since 900 or so crafters can't be wrong, I'll add this to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge, too.

Supplies: white and Stampin' Up very vanilla cardstock, vellum, pink mica paper, Hero Arts musical clef, Local King Rubber Stamp notes background, Versamark ink, Versamarker, Artful Stamper copper pearl embossing powder  Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful way to use your new goodies! Love the copper embossing along with that mica paper -- so elegant, yet still clean and simple -- just like you (lol)!

Heather T said...

This is a very elegant card. I can see hints of the mica and I'm sure it adds to the fabulous effect of the copper embossing powder. I have made a few music themed cards but I am yet to make one I am really happy with.
Yours is gorgeous.

Meg said...

Ooooh....this card is so striking! I love all the embossing goodness--it makes it look so fancy and sophisticated!

Janna Werner said...

Hi Lindsey! I love this music card, absolutely lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Emily Leiphart said...

Wowza, that copper pearl embossing is divine!! I love how you cut the vellum at an angle, too. Best of luck in both those challenges!

sunghee said...

this is gorgeous! I'm not a big fan of metal finished look, but I love how it turned out. Beautiful card! I'm getting the embbossing powder! thanks for sharing!