Monday, August 8, 2011

My First Card Order!

Last month, I received my first card commission! (Well, you know, other than my husband occasionally mentioning a card that I could make for someone, usually right away. :P) I had sent this thank you card to a family friend back in June, and received an email asking if she could order some! When I wrote her back to ask how many... she said twenty-four. GULP. Fortunately, not all twenty-four had to be exactly the same. Eight looked like this:



And eight looked like this:



Yes, that's SIXTEEN roses coloured with Prismacolor pencils and cut out. Here's what they looked like when they were all done:



And then, three more roses, but these were easily coloured with Twinkling H2Os:



I think I'll be taking a break from this stamp for a little while.
To finish off the two dozen cards, I made three of these:



And finally, two of these:



These leaves were inked with three colours of Colorbox ink and stamped -- not hand-coloured! ;) 
It was very exciting to be asked to make cards by someone... but I was also very glad when the last one was done.


Supplies: (rose thank you card) see this post; (rose card) as previous, with Stampin' Up Whisper White ribbon instead of vellum; (mauve rose card) see this post; (pussywillow card) see this post; (leaf card) Stampin' Up kraft, early expresso & very vanilla cardstock, Artistamps leaf stamp, Colorbox inks, Offray orange ribbon, Marvy corner-rounder punch, dimensionals

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Karin said...

Holy cow, these are beautiful! I'm in awe of those hand colored roses girlie...Talk about having patience! I know all about mass producing and it is definately different than just making "a" card :) All your designs are so wonderful that this might be the first of many special orders!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You made one enormously gorgeous set of cards!!! I'm sure your friend will LOVE them!

lisa a.

Meg said...

Wow, AWESOME cards for your first (although I find that hard to believe) card order! Of course I love your prismacolor roses and I can't believe you had the stamina to color each one so perfectly! The Twinkling H20 version is a nice soothing change, as is the branchy plant (that is its technical name although you may know it as something different). And I LOVE that autumn leaf! You did excellent work inking that up and I love the layout, too. Definitely pinning that one to case with my new leaf set!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Lindsey, these looks SOOOO professional! I hope you get more orders!! I love the designs and the roses (wow--16 of them--GULP)!! You are amazing!

Emily Leiphart said...

Holy moly, what a huge order, Linds! Those roses are amazing, as are all your cards, and I could feel the pain in your hands when you were done colouring. LOL Congrats on your first (mega) commission!! Here's to many more. ;D

Jocelyn Olson said...

Holy cow, those are some amazing cards! LOVE! That is awesome that you were asked to make cards--woo hoo! The roses are beautiful (ton of work!), but I think the twig with the oval is my favorite. I'm not sure...I like them all! :)

Janna Werner said...

You know I love this card and it´s fantastic that you had your first order! All other cards as beautiful as well, Lindsey! Janna

Angela said...

Holy cats, Linds -- all that coloring AND all that cutting!?! You, dear pal, are a far, far more patient crafter than I will ever be! All the designs came out so beautifully, and I'm sure more requests will be coming! Try to take it easier on your hand next time, though, k?

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw!! You've been really, really busy!! But how wonderful that you can make someone happy with these and she will send them out and more people will be happy!! So, you did something wonderful here, you made 25 people happy and the cards look awesome!!!
Hugs, Wendy

kasia c. said...

Well those cards are absolutely gorgeous! I now see how much fussy cutting you've done lately! ;)
Congrats on your commission. It's exciting and stressful huh?

I hope you guys get a break from the humidity soon. Yikes! I really don't miss that about Ontario at all. :)

marilynprestonn said...

Look ar you Lindsey, the card designer extraordinaire!!! WOW! Congrats on your order! They are all beautiful and you know that they will all enjoy these because of the evidence of love in them, and fine talent too my dear. So sweet of you to share your love this way!!!

Hugs to you, Peggyxo

wendyp said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I'm sure your friend is going to love all of these! And congrats on the order!!!

Donelda said...

Yeah for you and your order. I remember when you posted the rose card the first time - it is a beauty and I don't blame your friend for ordering more!! I know how you feel about doing too many of one card. I have a friend who likes multiples of the same card - I don't do that too well so I always put a limit on how many I will do with 5 being the max!! LOL!! All your cards are amazing!!

Jen W. said...

Congrats on you first commission! That's awesome and the set of cards you made is gorgeous!