Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenges: Frame It!

Wednesday already -- and time for Crafty Creations Challenges. This week my teammate,  Donelda, is asking us to Frame It! We are looking for you to frame your creation or main image in some way -- it might be doodling, matting, stamping, a chipboard frame... you get the idea. Our sponsor this week is Create with TLC, who is offering a $15 gift certificate to our challenge winner. The design team was also supplied with some beautiful framed images to use. 


This image reminded me of an amaryllis my mother-in-law grew just after Christmas, so I attempted to colour my flower much the same way. I printed the image a second time on textured cardstock, cut the inside of the frame out, and backed it with vellum. So I guess I have a framed window card? I do like the way it sets off the central image. My window frame qualifies this for this week's Do You Stack Up? (DYSU #70) challenge to use circles. And since I always seem to do Clean and Simple (CAS) cards, I'm linking to this week's Lawn Fawn Lawnscaping CAS challenge.
There are so many possibilities with this challenge -- hope you can join us! 














Supplies: white & Bazzill red devil textured cardstock, vellum, Create with TLC vintage amaryllis, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders circle die
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

That flower is gorgeous! I love the shading :)

Anonymous said...

What lovely colouring; your amaryllis looks beautiful. I always forget about vellum but it is a classy addition.
Heather

Mary Jo said...

Love the bright red background framing the beautifully colored flower. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Pauline said...

What a beautiful image, wonderful colouring on this flower.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Great coloring on the flower!
smiles,Deena

Barb King said...

That is so pretty, I love the flower and how the circle frames it.

Virginia L. said...

So classy and beautiful! I love your interpretation of the flower ( it does look a bit like amaryllis)!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh my, this is stunning. What a gorgeous card! Your coloring is fabulous! Perfect! Never seen such gorgeous coloring! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping for our clean and simple challenge Lindsey.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Linds! Your colouring is amazing and I love the stamp you used to frame the white circle.

Kary said...

Lindsey, this is SUCH a gorgeous card!! Love your colouring, the flower looks amazing!!

Tamara said...

Great card!!
Thanks for playing with our CAS challenge at lawnscaping :-)

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring on the flower is lovely and pattern you framed the window with it perfect!

Lisa Arana said...

Lindsey, this is one of my ALL TIME faves from you. I adore how simple and super sweet it is. Gorgeous.

Christiana said...

Really beautiful. Your amaryllis really pops against that background. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Your coloring it totally fab! That stamp is gorgeous! :)