Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenges: Move It!

This week, the challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges is: Move It! We'd like you to incorporate some kind of moving part on your paper-crafted creation. My current favourite way to add movement is adding a homemade "wibble-wobble" or spring to an image. 



Here I've reused a store's paper shopping bag by adding my wibble-wobble Paper Smooches puppy along with some fun patterned paper and a row of muddy pawprints. My wibble-wobble is simple to make with some dollar store jewellery wire and two small pieces of foam tape. A side view:



It's easy and fun to add dimension and movement this way! There are lots of other ways to add movement to a paper craft, too, so why not pick your favourite and join us this week? For more inspiration, be sure to check out the great projects from the rest of our design team. 
Since I've upcycled a shopping bag to make this, I'm adding this to the current Lessology challenge: It's a Wrap! 



Supplies: paper bag, white cardstock, Amber Ink bubble fizz green iPaper, Paper Smooches birthday buddies & All Night Media pawprint stamps, Memento tuxedo black & vintage photo distress inks, Sharpies, Spellbinder wonky reverse rectangles die, 20 guage jewellery wire, foam tape, black Enamel Accents, Spica Atyou clear glitter marker Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Whimsey said...

Nice - love that little doggy and the spring is PERFECT!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOO cute! Gotta love this pup and that he moves!!! FAB!

yyam said...

Oooooh....he's adorable! I love that he wobbles! What a neat addition to a paper bag!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at LESSology Lindsey!:)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Cute!! That's so cool that he's a wobble. How do you keep the foam from popping off the wire (I tried it once and it was a popper not a wobbler)?

Shahrul Niza said...

He's so cute, more so that he wobbles!! :) LOVE your fun paper bag gift idea. Thank you for playing along with us at LESSology!.

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Lindsey! Just as cute as can be. I have not made a bag yet but sure do need to make one. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
Sandy

Lisa Arana said...

adore the wobble puppy and love that you resued a store bag. fabulous.

Barb King said...

That is cute, and I never thought about trying to make my own!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love how cute this is! Those wobblers are addictive, and a wobbly puppy? love it :)

Lynnda said...

Fabulous... fun and so simple...its beautiful...Thanks for playing with US over @ LESSology....hugs...xoxo

Jen W. said...

Have I really not been to visit your blog in over a month!! *Hanging head in shame* I have a lot of catching up to do. This bag is super cute and I like the paper you used with that PS dog. And your homemade wibble wobble is genius!

Jen W. said...

Have I really not been to visit your blog in over a month!! *Hanging head in shame* I have a lot of catching up to do. This bag is super cute and I like the paper you used with that PS dog. And your homemade wibble wobble is genius!