Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crafty Creations Challenges... and Characters!

It's a brand new challenge day at Crafty Creations Challenges, and this week we are looking for your Halloween Characters. They can be cute, they can be spooky, they can be scary! We are generously sponsored this week by Clearly Besotted stamps.
I have a few of the more traditional Halloween characters in stamp form -- witches, vampires and the like -- but I wanted to use some new images I'd die cut and stamped last time I went for a crafty afternoon at my friend Emily's. 



I know that black cats are traditionally associated with Halloween; my shading just leaves this one a little ghostlier, perhaps. If I'd been at home with all the time in the world, I might have masked the cat on the broom and cut them out together. But then, of course, I couldn't have taken advantage of the matching die. :) The purple background is distress inks patted on an acrylic block then smushed on watercolour paper. The moon? A scrap of the inside of a charity Christmas card I'd saved that had just the right amount of distressing already done. After the purple panel had dried, I sprayed it with vanilla Smooch Spritz for shimmer. Here's a close-up:


Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Crafty Creations challenges design team has made -- there's a fun variety of creatures! Then link up your creature creation with us! I'm also adding this card to this week's Shopping our Stash Halloween or orange and black challenge. 

Supplies: white cardstock, Canson 140 lb watercolour paper, vellum, Lily Bee Design Pinwheel patterned paper, scrap greeting card, Lawn Fawn Critters in Costume stamps & dies, Memories black, Ranger milled lavender & dusty concord distress inks, distress markers, vanilla Smooch Spritz, Spellbinders circle die, Queen & Co lavender half pearls, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I need Vanilla. Yep. I love the vellum strip sentiment, that sweet cat, the funky pattern on the edges....and omg the crazy purple sky. That's my favourite :)

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

A spectacular card Lindsey! You have such a talent for making CAS cards! Always just the right amount of sparkle, bling and patterned papers!
Hugs,
Tracey

Chris Dring said...

What an adorable card Lindsey! Super cute cat riding on broom, and that background is amazing!

Heather said...

What?!? Distress inks on an acrylic block? Now why didn't I think of that. I love it. I just bought some new watercolor paper...might have to give it a shot with the next challenge. Hope you don't mind me copying this idea. Love the card and a I think a "ghostly" cat is better than a black one.
--Heather

Barb King said...

That is too cute. I love the way the background came out, the specks are like stars!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love this one, Lindsey! And that background is super super gorgeous! I like this color of the cat even better, I think, makes him stand out more! Great card!
Hugs, Wendy

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, really gorgeous, Linds! I wish I could do backgrounds like yours. I LOVE your colouring with distress markers!

Leslie Hanna said...

What a cute kitty! And who said all Halloween cats have to be black? :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!