Wednesday, June 11, 2014

All Seasons

It's a rainy Wednesday here, so it's a perfect time for playing with paper and ink! A few of the Snarky Stampers were discussing various challenge blogs the other day, and Chris reminded us of the Just Us Girls challenge. Every first week of the month is a sketch challenge:


Lots of ways to interpret this classic layout. Here's my take:


These cute trees from an old Stampin' Up set had already been stamped and coloured and were just waiting to be used. The small circle elements in the sketch just weren't working for me, so I offset each tree on its backing layer for a little extra visual interest. While I was thinking this would make a good "missing you" card ("the only thing missing is you" kind of thing), I went with this quote from my favourite author, instead. I'm enough of a Dickens fan to know this quote is actually paraphrased, but I've learned to live with it. ;) The squares are adhered with glue dots for just the slightest hint of definition, while the white panel is popped up with foam tape. 
There's just over a day left in this challenge if you're thinking of joining... and another couple of days in our current ribbon challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! The two challenges could even be combined. ;) 

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up bashful blue cardstock, Stampin' Up Holiday Collection & Echo Park Here & Now & A Boy's Life patterned papers, Stampin' Up A Tree for All Seasons & Unity August 2011 Kit of the Month (All You Need) stamps, Memories black & Memento Luxe Danube blue inks, Zing clear embossing powder, Nellie Snellen square dies, watercolour pencils, Twinery denim twine, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Well I need to say a big Thank you to Chris for mentioned our sketch challenge over at Just Us Girls. WooHOOOO! You did a fabulous job with my sketch Lindsey! Love the different seasons you captured here! Thanks for joining us and hope to see more of your wonderful work!

Karen Schroeder said...

I'm glad we're partying with J.U.G.! Lindsey, your card is lovely...I've always enjoyed seeing cards made with that set!

Cheryl said...

Oh, Lindsey, I love your card! That SU season set is a favorite oldie of mine! Can't part with it. Great use of it with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Heather said...

I'm a bit behind on my comments, but I like this stamp set and the way you changed it up a bit. Usually my stuff gets offset because I can't line it up right in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Nice detail matting each image with a different patterned paper and matching the twine to the sentiment ink. I've always liked that set.

Emily Leiphart said...

Those cute trees are perfect for the Dickens quote!

Jessi Fogan said...

I have a similar dorky problem with an Emily Dickinson poem stamp that I have. Tune instead of song. NOPE. I can occasionally stomach it, lol.
I love the different patterned mats, and those trees - just so adorable in their teeniness!