Thursday, June 5, 2014

Simon Says... Man Up

Okay, that is not exactly what Simon says. ;) The Simon Says Stamp challenge this week is to create a Father's Day or masculine card. While it has been a long time since I have needed a Father's Day card, I do have an anniversary coming up in a few weeks, so used the challenge as motivation to get a card done. 



Confession? This card started developing in my mind a couple of weeks ago, when Simon had a travel-themed challenge. It just didn't happen that week. This is one of those cards where the patterned paper really looks after most of the design work; I added a couple of backing layers as well as the die cut star and the arrow with a sentiment. The star is so small I had to roll up the micro glue dot, but that also popped it up a bit more, which was fine. Just for fun, I angled the arrow with dimensional tape at the back and a glue dot at the point. A simple card, but I think it gets the message across. 

Supplies: white, orange & Best Creations ocean blue glitter cardstock, Heidi Swapp No Limits patterned paper, (?) sentiment stamp, Hero Arts On the Go arrow die, Mama Elephant confetti die, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow!! and Wow!! Don't know what else to say because this card just says it all. Wow!!

Jessi Fogan said...

This is simply perfect! And do I spy the correct date written in up there top left? I love the sentiment, placing it on the arrow :) Such a sweet anniversary card! I hope you'll make one about snoring too ;)

Jingle said...

I love maps! Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, I love this, Linds! Awesome use of the patterned paper and the sentiment is perfect for an anniversary card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Father's Day or Masculine!

Anonymous said...

So very cool. I think I have said it before; I love maps on cards, either stamped or paper, they look perfect on a masculine card.