Thursday, April 23, 2015

Since It's Snowing...

I might as well make a Christmas card, right? To be honest, Mother Nature, I didn't need your prompting, I was planning to play along at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge as soon as I saw this week's prompt: 


Now that there's a cat back in my life, I find myself wanting to make lots of cat cards! And perhaps buying more cat stamps, too, like I need more. But for this card, I got out one of my older stamps.


This cute kitty is stamped and embossed, then watercolored. The pompom and hat trim are Stickled, and although you can't tell from the photo, the black mat is glitter paper. To me, this stamp calls for a clean and simple card design, so I'm also entering the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. 
This snow better melt by tomorrow! :D 

Supplies: Stampin' Up real red cardstock, American Crafts black glitter paper, Strathmore mixed media paper, Penny Black Jolly Xmas Kitty stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, Zing clear embossing powder, watercolour pencils, frosted lace Stickles 

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Such a cute Santa kitty! Love the simplicity of your card design too! :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your kitty image is very cute with the Santa hat! So glad you played Merry Monday this week!

Dotty Jo said...

So cute! Is it really snowing with you??? We are having misty, chilly mornings but later the sun is breaking through and it is quite warm. Jo x

Darnell said...

This is my favorite cat stamp of all times and you showcased it just right, Lindsey! I also love the way you did the borders. I do hope the darn snow is gone and spring comes soon!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Heather said...

Snow?!? Are you kidding me?? Well, at least you found something fun to do. I love the cat image. Too cute! Great Christmas card...only 60 more to go? Lol

Susan Powell said...

That big hat is adorable on that kitty - Great card!!!

conil said...

Now this is one adorable Christmas card. Beautifully colored and designed.

Kristie Goulet said...

Such an adorable kitty! Love the big hat and your coloring. Sure hope the snow is melted now. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet kitty, Lindsey! Love the hat and holly! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

paper bag create said...

Such a cute kitty with the fluffy hat!! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card, I love the simple layout. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

cheiron said...

What a cute card! I love the kitty and his big hat..so cute. Thank you so much for for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That stamp is freaking adorable!!! And I'm not exactly glad you got snow but I'm glad we aren't the only ones? If that makes sense. Two days in a row now. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

The holly bow-tie is the cutest touch but I can't imagine it being too comfortable.