Monday, February 1, 2016

Naughty or Nice: Seeing Red

And all of a sudden... it's February! With the turning of the calendar page comes a new Naughty or Nice challenge: SEEING RED. Of course you may turn your thoughts to the making of valentines with that theme, but we are happy to see any creation where red is involved. And of course, we always encourage a little naughtiness! That being said, I ended up going totally nice with mine...


If you know me at all, you know red is my favourite colour. So of course when it came to this challenge, my mind went... blank. Too many options, perhaps? There were several false starts before I decided to incorporate the current (for a few hours) Muse challenge as part of my thinking. Here's Jenni Murray's card:


As you can see, I kept Jenni's overall layout, her sponged panel, and corner floral accent. Of course I used red instead of pink. With the change in orientation of the card, the sentiment looked better in the upper left, balancing the single flower. The leaves were die cut then misted, which just happened to give me a green colour gradient to balance the red. For a reasonably clean and simple (CAS) card, I managed to use products from a wide range of manufacturers! 
Thanks to reminders from Ardyth and Darnell, I am also adding this to the current ATCAS red challenge! 
Be sure to check out what my Naughty or Nice teammates have been up to! You have until February 25th to see red and join us. 


Supplies: white cardstock, Altenew vintage flowers, Local King Rubber Stamp notes & Technique Tuesday glee stamps, festive berries distress, Stampin' Up bravo burgundy & Memento angel pink & grey flannel inks, My Favorite Things Blueprints 24, Lil' Inkers stitched flag tag & Hero Arts spring branch dies, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Why does that happen? as soon as it's a challenge it's brain freeze. Love your card love the layout and all the content, fabulous rose. I also love your new blog design looks awesome.

Ardyth said...

ATCAS is also red this month! Love your musical take on this week's inspiration - your layered stamping is gorgeous too! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lindsey!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Your card is so beautifully made, Jo x

Darnell said...

I love your rendition of the Muse card in red, Lindsey! Very innovative! You should also link this up to the current ATCAS challenge which is RED (if it hasn't closed)!! Hugs, Darnell

Jenni's Jems said...

This is just beautiful ..love the addition of the musical notes.Thank you for joining in with Muse this week x

Jenni's Jems said...

This is just beautiful ..love the addition of the musical notes.Thank you for joining in with Muse this week x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card and the red coloring is a plus.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a gorgeous card, and a beautiful take on Jenni's Muse card! Your red rose is stunning, and I love the ombre effect you created for the musical notes! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS ~ We always enjoy seeing your creations in the gallery!

Susan said...

Very elegant card! Thank you for sharing at ATCAS!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love the beautiful red tones and the musical notes such a pretty creation.

Marie

Chris Dring said...

Love your card! And LOVE your new header!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey what a beautiful interpretation for Muse! Thank you so much for sharing at Muse!

Unknown said...

This card is just so beautiful! It makes me smile when I look at it :)

Anonymous said...

Look at you being totally nice ;)
I know what you mean about a challenge which should be right up your alley but ends up being, well, a challenge.
Your is lovely, full of pretty details.