Friday, May 13, 2016

Tearing Up at CASology

CASology has an interesting cue word this week:


Tear... is it crying? Is it the rending of paper or other materials? Maybe you could go on one? So many options. 
Of course I decided I had to incorporate two meanings... sadness in the form of a sympathy card and masking using torn paper. I spent a day making attempts for the recycling bin. But I didn't let that stop me! Today I tried again, with I think a little more success. 


It may have helped that I CASEd myself and this card. Different stamp from the same floral set, a new sympathy sentiment, one straight and one torn edge mask for the sponging, and an offset panel on patterned paper. 
I had meant to use this challenge to build up my sympathy card stash, not my recycling pile. ;) I still have till Monday to see if I get any more done! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Heidi Swapp No Limits patterned paper, Unity Insightful Meadows & Hero Arts sympathy sentiment, Versamark & milled lavender, tumbled glass, stormy skies & chipped sapphire distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Marvy-Uchida corner-rounding punch


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Nice job on CASEing yourself! Both are lovely. I adore the softness of those beautifully blended colors. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Barbara Godden said...

Casing is the best form of flattery, fab. job. nice and simple but very effective. I might just have to case it, permission please.

Jen W. said...

Glad you didn't quit because this is gorgeous, Lindsey! Love that inked strip and also the offset white panel. This is very CASEable so into my file it goes! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Absolving the watercolor blog header!