Saturday, September 17, 2016

Ahoy, Scallywags!

Do you know that Monday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Edna does, and has set up the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge to celebrate the occasion! 



Of course, thanks to Sister Lee, Edna has all the best pirate accessories. I was not so lucky, and had to get creative...


I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at this particular Crazy Cat in the same way ever again. He does seem ideal for typical cat treasure-burying in the sand. ;) The eye-patch was easy to add (though I do have to say, Tim Holtz missed out not having one in the accessories set) using first a Sharpie and then a Versamarker and matte embossing powder. I don't even have a good pirate ship in my stamp collection, so had to paint my own with Zig markers before filling in the rest of the seascape with distress inks. The sentiment, too, had to be self-created. It's really a very DIY card! Pirates are always resourceful. 
The Sisters had a lot of fun with this theme! (And I'm not the only one who went the pirate cat route, strangely enough...) Our current guest designer Marina had fun with it too. Hope you can join us, and don't forget to set your Facebook language to Pirate on Monday! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour & mixed media paper, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Crazy Cats stamp & die, MFT black licorice & stormy sky, mermaid lagoon, antique linen & vintage photo distress inks, Versamarker, Wow clear matte dull embossing powder, Zig clean colour markers, black sharpie, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, I bet Tim Holtz will be kicking himself and thinking 'pirate eye-patch!' if he sees this little beauty! Jo x

Jane Willis said...

Mr H is going to need to bring out a set of cat accessories, the eye patch is purrfect. You drew that ship yourself? I'm in total awe!
Jane

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome scene, super cat love it all. fabulous job Lindsey.

Donna said...

Pfffffffffffffftttttttttt this is so funny!!! Awesome job sistah!!
Creepy cats make perfect pirates and I think you are dead on, Mr. Holtz missed out not giving the cats and birds an eye patch!

Jen W. said...

First of all I totally guffawed out loud when I saw this. And second - you drew your own ship?? Its awesome! I totally thought it was a stamp!! You've been hiding some talents, my friend...

Majo said...

Perfect die for the challenge, Sistah, cracked me up over here :)

Printable Art said...

hahaha yes we were on the same wave length!.. Great job I love it!

Marina said...

Fabulous scene and very funny!