Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Die Cuts for Tags, Day 8


I was making tags today, for Day 8 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event. Great inspiration again today... I decided to go with the sponged and holly-adorned tag by Rahmat Gouse. Her tag involved a lot of fussy-cutting; I decided to let dies do my work for me. Here's what I ended up with: 


All of these elements were already cut and in a container with lots of other Christmasy scraps. I had many holly leaves to chose from, from tiny to large; I went with these medium leaves. This cute little trio of berries fit nicely between them. Below, I added the Joy sentiment with a small snowflake in the middle. I started by sponging a tag with blue, just as Rahmat did, but it wasn't quite working for me. Green seemed a better fit. Two colours of twine finished the tag. 
With all these die cuts, I'm adding my tag to the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge. 
This was so easy, I decided I better make a second one! This time I picked Deborah Frings' sweet tree tag. Here's mine: 


My tree is embossed on watercolour paper with gold pearl embossing powder and painted with Twinkling H2Os for shimmer. The ornaments are painted with red glimmer mist, since I am seriously lacking in red H2Os. A simple sentiment and red ribbon was all I thought this needed. 
I may just have to make a card tomorrow before I forget how! ;) 



Supplies: (joy) white, green & red cardstock, mowed lawn distress ink, Winnie & Walter Katharine tag die, Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: Joy die, various unknown dies, Twinery maraschino & peapod twine; (joy & love) Strathmore watercolour paper, Hero Arts Snow Much Joy & Simon Says Stamp Furry Christmas stamps, Versamark & Ranger lily pad inks, gold pearl embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Tattered Angels Santa Baby glimmer mist, Paper Smooches stitched tag die, scrap red ribbon

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your joyful JOY tag! The color is such a great pop of cheer!
Take care!
Michele

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

great tags
thanks for joining us a Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes challenge
Barb Housner (DT)

laurie said...

Adorable tags! Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers...so glad you joined us!

Julie B said...

A great pair of tags inspired by the GD. The gold embossing on the second works so well with the traditional green and red.
Thanks for popping over to HLS and joining in. :)

Chris Dring said...

Excellent CAS tags!