Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Tags, Day Two


Day two of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags, and so far, I'm keeping up! :D Not sure that will last much longer, but I'll celebrate the small victories. Again today, it was hard to decide which tag to be inspired by, but eventually I went with Jinny Newlin's tag. I focused on the round die cut design, red and white colours and the lovely embellishments for the tie. Here's mine: 


I thought this Merry & Bright die was perfect for the CASEing of Jinny's tag. I didn't have any white glitter paper, so I cut it from silver glitter paper instead. Against the red, it just didn't have the "pop" I wanted, so I went with regular white cardstock instead. For the top, I've used a red and two silver jingle bells as well as red and white twine and ribbon. Not as fancy as the original, but I like how it looks. Of course I couldn't let my silver die cut go to waste, so I used a navy background with it. 


This time I added a silver star and silver cord. 
My sentiment is certainly the focus of these tags, so I'm adding this to the current Just Us Girls challenge to make the sentiment the focal point. 


Supplies: white, navy & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Wow silver glitter paper, PTI tag sale #4, Die-Versions merry & bright & Spellbinders Page Maps dies, Hemptique red & white hemp cord, silver cord & red ribbon scraps, $ store jingle bells

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Just perfect, pretty tags.
xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute CAS ornaments. I like your staging too - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Chris Dring said...

Who's the guy holding up these fabulous tags? Nicely done with the staging and your tags! And thanks for joining in the fun at Just Us Girls!

Birgit said...

There's that cute little guy again... I love these CAS tags. They are perfect!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love these bright fun tags!