Friday, May 19, 2017

Tag You're It Reminder


We're partway through the latest challenge at Tag You're It, where *gasp* I am the featured artist with this tag: 


Even as I was making this tag, I was thinking the colours would lend themselves to Christmas. So to encourage EVERYONE to play along, I made that thought into reality! 



These poinsettias are from the first layering set I ever bought, and one of my easiest sets to use. Probably because the veining in the flowers and leaves don't have to be perfect, which is often above my pay grade. 😉 Just the centre of the larger poinsettia is popped up for some dimension. For the background, I again sponged a rectangular panel with light blue distress ink, but this time sparkled it up with some perfect pearls powder, in honour of the festive theme. To pick up on the gold embossing, I cut the sentiment and mat from gold glitter paper. Two ribbons again to finish the tag. 
The sunlight today almost allowed me to catch the shimmer of the blue panel... 


As this is my VERY FIRST Christmas anything of 2017, I'm going to enter it in the May Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge, where anything goes and the masking is optional. 



Supplies: white & American Crafts gold glitter cardstock, WPlus9 Pretty Poinsettias stamps & dies, Versamark, Altenew crimson & velvet, Memento bamboo leaves & cottage ivy & tumbled glass distress inks, gold glitter embossing powder, white confetti Perfect Pearls, Hero Arts merry die, scrap ribbon & elastic cord

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous job on the tag, that poinsettia is super and the gold accents perfect.

Lynne in NI said...

Congrats on being the featured artist, they're both fabulous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love that Christmas tag... Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge.