Friday, September 8, 2017

Crazy Bird Colouring


Happy Friday! It's Day 8 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge. Time for a crazy bird! 


While I'm happy with how my card turned out, it took a while to get there. Since I always watercolour these guys, I thought maybe I'd challenge myself to try colouring one with Copics. There's a reason I always watercolour them, I discovered. Even after switching back, I didn't like the first bird I watercoloured... I overworked it, although he is growing on me and I haven't recycled him yet. Here are my two birds and a couple of balloons I also coloured. 


The balloons also have a coat of iridescent medium for some fun shimmer. While I was originally going to use the blue balloon, I decided that the partially deflated one worked so much better with the sentiment. 
This colouring every day is hard work! 😂

Supplies: white, black & Hero Arts layering cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Stamper's Anonymous/Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps & dies, MFT black licorice ink, Zig clean colour real brush markers, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium

Pin It Now!

No comments: