Sunday, October 1, 2017

Nice Spooky? Naughty Spooky?

First of the month! And that month is OCTOBER, so at Naughty or Nice Challenges we are looking for SOMETHING SPOOKY


Also because it is October 1st... I made a card I didn't have to colour! 😜 It was nice to have the option after September's colouring extravaganza. Here's my sorta-spooky creation: 


I did try to make a spooky Halloween sky by sponging lots of blues and purples, then using my stippling brush to speckle it with black. I embossed the speech bubble and sentiment before starting so it would (more or less) resist the inks. Next up I stencilled some embossing paste stars; and after waiting as long as I could for them to dry (deadlines!), I embossed the spider. As these things always work out, the last thing I did was add the spider's web with a fine-line marker... OFF-CENTRE. I figure it's so very off it looks like I planned to do it.  🤦🏻‍♀️
I hope you'll hop over to the Naughty or Nice blog to be spooked by all the Troublemakers. You have until October 25th to join us! 

Supplies: black and white cardstock, Essentials by Ellen Got Candy? stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox citrine & shaded lilac, wilted violet, dusty concord, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire & black soot distress inks, Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, Dreamweaver glossy white embossing paste, Heidi Swap confetti stencil, K & Company layered die cut 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Lindsey - love that spooky guy! I know what you mean about colouring. I'm planning lots of inky fun until I can face picking up a pen again after my guest slot at MiC, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable ghost, and his face is adorable, Great background and so happy someone else does things off center, (me I do crooked even with my stamp positioner) Awesome card.