Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Muse: ChristmasVisions Blueprints


It is my turn to be your muse at Muse: ChristmasVisions! Even though there's freshly fallen snow outside (UGH), it is April, so I tried not to go too in-your-face Christmas-y with my design... 


For my background, I white-embossed a snowflake background on some mixed media paper then smooshed it with a mix of (of course) blueprint sketch and tumbled glass distress inks. It left a pale mottled background that was so much bluer than the snowy sky on the weekend when I made it. ;) 


Then I white embossed the little soldier on patterned paper that was as close as I could find to a blueprint sort of colour. My original intention was to stamp the soldier a second time, colour him and layer him over the first one, but I decided I liked the look of him as is. A little more authentic, perhaps? (In a totally inauthentic way, of course.) Matted on a darker blue patterned paper, then the mat and the card base, with all the corners rounded. 
You can make a Christmas card at this time of year without surrounding yourself with reds and greens and feeling a sudden urge to put on a Christmas carol playlist, so why not join us? 

Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Heidi Swap No Limits patterned paper, Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Christmas Mini Blueprints Pinkfresh Christmas Wishes & Local King Rubber Stamp Snowflakes stamps, Versamark & blueprint sketch & tumbled glass distress ink, Wow white super fine embossing powder, Marvy/Uchida corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Funny, I just posted a Christmas card that features red and green. LOL! I love this dreamy wintery card, and so I must go and make another Christmas card. Thank you, my muse!

Lisa Arana said...

This is lovely. I always favor blue and white Christmas cards.